Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

We had our traditional fondue dinner with Britny and Jared & Co. this year. Although we were invited lots of places on both sides of the family, I am actively trying to avoid emotional triggers in an already difficult season. Everywhere we had been invited was a place we had spent Christmas Eve in a happier time. So, the Bradshaws were kind enough to take us in for the evening and we all ate cheese and chocolate fondue until we literally wanted to vomit (which is actually the sign of a great fondue party!) The kids were not a fan of the cheese, but were huge fans of the sharp fondue forks. It was a lot of fun to be there. Slightly less fun to drive home in the freezing cold :-) We love the Bradshaws!


Junior can write but still has trouble with the side to side method. This letter is meant to be read down one side and up the other. It says "Dear Santa, I want to have to best Christmas."

Bubba's job was to count out nine carrots for the reindeer, pour the milk and pick out a few cookies for Santa (who only pretended to eat them. What "santa" actually ate was chocolate cookies brought from England and a Diet Dr. Pepper)

Junior was in charge of the letter

Hanging stockings by the chimney with care...


New Christmas pajamas (Gymboree came through for us when our usual favorite Nick and Nora's from Target turned out a lame line this year...)

The children were nestled...

...all snug in their beds...


...while 'Santa' stayed up until 1 a.m. finding and wrapping the last of the Christmas presents.

I realized I was maybe too tired when I accidently wrote "from Satan" instead of "from Santa" on a few and had to re-wrap. Not that my kids would have noticed, but still...we have had enough "gifts" from satan in our family lately, thanks! I also realized around midnight that I had hidden the candy for the stockings a little too well. It still hasn't surfaced but I unearthed a bag of tootsie rolls and a few dum dums and just thanked my lucky stars that my children are not old enough to notice the omission of actual chocolate.

1 comment: