Monday, April 11, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things...

I have been trying to set a weekly goal for myself. Generally, it is a better payoff if the goal I set can accomplish something, like getting the closets cleaned out. But sometimes I have to be more realistic about where I am at that week (i.e. get out of my pajamas before noon or make sure I talk to at least one adult per day.) This week I am going to do something a little different and I am going to share it with all of you (yay!!) If you are tuning in for angst or funny kid stories, I can probably oblige you next week ;-) This week, I am focusing on a little more gratitude.

Please assume in this scenario that the things I have the most gratitude for are not tangible. My kids, my family, my friends and my beliefs far outweigh anything I could ever own. But, when I am down or uncomfortable, I find myself appreciating many of the little material things around me that make my life easier or happier. I am a creature of comfort. When certain ones have been taken away, I tend to notice more the things that give me other forms of satisfaction. Gratitude for everything, right?

Stay tuned (or not... :-) I plan to pick one thing every day for a week (in no particular order.)