Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Favorite Things: My Blue KitchenAid



I like to cook and bake. I do NOT like to mix things up by hand, but that's what I did all through college and for the first 6 years of my marriage. For at least 5 of those years, I did marketing treats for J's companies and once you have mixed your millionth batch of cookie dough at 3 in the morning, you really start wishing for a mixer. Any time I made bread, I would turn it over to J when the mixing got heavy. Eventually, I found a reasonably priced one on ebay and all but kissed it good night every day. I recall telling J that I loved it only a little less than him and the kids. I was pretty excited about it. Unfortunately, it was plain black. It blended into the kitchen but wasnt anywhere near as fun as the rainbow colors that KitchenAid is known for.

A few Christmases ago, I recieved a new one as a gift. This one was a pretty blue green. Just walking past it and seeing it on the counter makes me almost as happy as when it is effortlessly whirring ingredients together without the aid of either of my arms. I recently got a small job making marketing treat baskets for a local Home Health Care Company so I get to use it more often and the boys get to turn it on and watch it mash ingredients together. Everyone wins :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Kitchen Aids. You are such a great cook and baker. I wish I could say the same about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete