Tuesday, July 20, 2010

summer catch-up #3

SUMMER BIRTHDAY PARTIES

There are so many summer birthdays on my side of the family these days that we have started holding one big family party every summer while the California crowd is in town. This summer's party was held at my place and the kids requested a Hawaiian party. We got a killer deal on a bounce house that came at 9:00 a.m. and stayed until 9 p.m. Given how many kids are generally underfoot, it was worth. every. penny!!! Grandpa perfected his smoking skills and we had BBQ pulled pork, ribs, beans, potato salad, cupcakes, caramel pecan cheesecake and everyone dived (figuratively) into the snow cone machine we rented at least a few times. Mak and I had flashbacks of working the Lions Club booth at the Rodeos and Derbys in Heber. Everyone left full of food and most of the kids left crying, which means it was a successful party!


Cousins!


My yard is not that big but fortunately the bounce house still fit (barely).


Jen working the snow cone machine.


Cubby


Lauren and Abby


Sis discovered my diet coke and wasn't sure what she thought about it at first


but she kept going back in! That's my girl...


Lulu


Couldn't get Norah to smile, but check out her cool new hair!


Bubba


I'm going to miss my shady yard, if not the insane amount of yard work it requires (not that I have really have had time to do more than mow the lawn this summer.)