Thursday, October 6, 2011

More...

Facebook has been wierd lately, so I liberated a few more of my old kid-centered status updates in case they all just disappear one day. Since I don't currently have these recorded anywhere else, I thought I would put them here for the blog book. It's the thousands of little things that make up my days and I know that these are things I will want to remember, even if it is just for a laugh.

For the record, thank you to those of you who have been there all along for me to share these things with in the first place. Here they are, from oldest to newest:

Junior started his Christmas list. So far, he wants a pink bikini, a plunger, a Nintendo DS and a set of walkie talkies. 50% normal!
July 18, 2010 at 12:17pm

Junior: (sheepishly/apologetically) "Mom, I am not trying to say you are a bad cook, but this popcorn you made kind of smells like puke."
October 29, 2010 at 10:52pm

Just extracted 35 cents from Sis' mouth...
November 15, 2010 at 1:51pm

Junior requested a spray bottle and some gel and has very definite ideas about how he is going to do his hair tomorrow before he chases and tries to kiss his girlfriend on the playground at recess. Has anyone seen my baby boy? He seems to be gone.
December 6, 2010 at 11:50pm

Tonights bedtime story? 50 ways to kill a slug (cartoony gardening manual)...chosen by Junior, enjoyed by all!
December 8, 2010 at 8:32pm

No Bubba, decorated Christmas trees do not "just fall down on their own"
December 13, 2010 at 4:37pm

Among the dental work Bubba had done this morning is a silver crown on one of his molars. I told him it was a pirate tooth. He asked me if the dentist killed a pirate to get it for him. I said yes, he was thrilled.
December 18, 2010 at 6:57pm

Makes my day to hear my four year old sing "if you like it then you should have put a ring on it..."
January 14 at 7:06pm

Bubba and Sis had a tug of war over Bubba's sucker. Sis totally kicked his butt.
January 21 at 1:39pm

Junior asked if he could stay up with me after the two little ones were asleep to spend "special time." We ended up reading "The World's Most Deadly and Dangerous Creatures." What ever happened to fairy tales? I am so out of my element with sons.
January 24 at 10:20pm

Bubba just came and proudly showed me the two pennies, one dime and one nickel that Junior 'traded' him for his four quarters.
February 6 at 4:12pm

Just pulled enough playground wood chips out of Junior's jeans pockets (one pair) to fill an entire quart jar.
February 17 at 11:27am

Bubba just sprayed carpet cleaning foam all over Sis' head like a hat...moments after I got her out of the tub and dressed in her jammies.
February 19 at 6:42pm

Junior spilled yogurt on the kitchen floor. Instead of cleaning it up, he carefully wrote a sign that said "Don't Step Here" and placed it next to it.
March 8 at 10:28pm

Sis dipped her entire head in the toilet this morning. So, now we know she can open doors...
March 11 at 12:35pm

Junior lost his second tooth last night and accidentally swallowed it with his dinner. His note to the tooth fairy said "I'm sorry I aksadidley (accidentally) swallowed my tooth. Can I still get money?"
March 16 at 10:39am

Tonight, Junior wanted to tell me a secret. Usually it is something genuinely secretive. He made me come into another room and bend down to listen while he braced himself to say: "Mom, did you know that a story generally has a problem and a solution?" My lips are sealed...
March 21 at 10:10pm

Bubba: "Mom, I am going to call the cops to put you in jail!!"
Junior: (contemptuously) "You can't do that...you don't even know where mom's phone is"

March 25 at 9:42pm

Just made the 4 year old sprint around the backyard three times. I'm assuming it is excess energy that is making him pick fights with his brother and sister?
April 11 at 2:15pm

Bubba says he is going to be a rock star. I've been assigned to guitar, his dad will play drums, Junior will play the piano and Sis is his back up dancer.
April 18 at 2:00pm

The title of Junior's new comic book is "The Roaring, Screaming Monster Penny" and it is seriously awesome. I think I have a genius on my hands.
April 23 at 10:03pm

Bubba learned to ride a bike with no training wheels today :-)
April 27 at 4:06pm

Junior's newest cartoon features a half penguin half pigeon. A Piguin.
May 9 at 7:09pm

You would think that when you are living with a kid like Junior, you would be prepared to find the rotten easter egg that he had hidden away under his bed (for a 'science experiment') but you just never are...
May 19 at 9:31pm

Tonight as I carried Sis inside from the backyard against her will, she hollered to her brothers "guys...help!!!"
May 19 at 11:51pm

Junior: Bubba, can I have one of your chicken nuggets?
Bubba: No
Junior: Please?!
Bubba: Ok
Junior: Thanks! I'll pay you back when I'm 30...

June 6 at 12:55pm

The kids and I just rescued a hummingbird from the garage when it couldn't get out. It let us hold it while we took the cobwebs off its wings :-)
June 10 at 11:34am

My five year old just brought me a portable CD player and asked me what it was and what it did. Someday I am going to show him a record player like the one I listened to at his age and completely blow his mind :-)
June 13 at 8:21pm

Junior requested that I get a new couch because he is tired of the black remote blending in with the black couch. He is frustrated that it forces him to have to look harder. I feel like I am doing something wrong...
June 27 at 10:46pm

My daughter can't speak in full sentences yet but she CAN sing a song in Hebrew, thanks to The Wiggles.
July 6 at 11:50pm

I really wish Sis would stop handing me live bugs. And I really wish I knew where she is finding them...
July 12 at 11:13am

Bubba to his cousin: "You know what would be so cool? If we didn't have any parents...then we could do whatever we want. Even steal stuff from stores!! *sigh
July 21 at 3:33pm

Sis can sing "We Will Rock You." Already keepin' it real :-)
July 22 at 9:43pm

Taking Sis grocery shopping has been upgraded from 'difficult' to 'one of the outer rings of hell.'
August 10

Junior: 'Mom, I'm hungry, can I have cereal?'
Me: 'Why are you guys always starving right before bed? Why don't you eat more of your dinner?'
Junior: 'Maybe we should have dinner right before bed then...'
Touche

August 15

Bubba: 'Mom, I want a hang glider for Christmas'
Me: *sigh* 'Don't think so buddy. Maybe when you grow up.'
Junior: 'Don't worry mom, I only want a parachute for Christmas.'

August 25 at 8:55pm

After unwrapping an entire package of gum and carefully taking a bite out of each stick, Sis concludes that they are all, in fact, spicy.
August 27 at 11:49pm

(What I overheard today when Bubba volunteered to tell Sis a story) "Once upon a time, there was a man named Jared, and he went down to the ocean and he walked and walked and walked and walked and SIS!!! YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!! And he walked and walked and walked, SIS!!! COME BACK AND HOLD STILL!!" And he walked and walked and walked and kept walking and walked some more. SIS!!! YOU'RE MISSING THE STORY! And he walked and then he got where he was going. The End"
August 29 at 12:35pm

Bubba refuses to be "baby-sat" but will agree to be "kid-sat"
September 1 at 3:03pm

Sis: (crying)
Me: "What's wrong Sis?"
Sis: (looks at me like I am stupid) "I'm crying...."
Right.

September 6 at 10:06pm

Bubba hit Junior and got sent to bed without reading Harry Potter with us. Halfway through the chapter, Junior got teary and said that he felt so bad for Bubba missing out that he wanted to join him in going to bed early so he wouldn't feel left out. I let Junior be the hero and get him out of time out. I was too touched to stick to my guns on that one.
September 12 at 9:40pm

On the way to church:

Bubba: "That's it Junior!!! We are NOT friends..."
Junior: (scornfully) "Of COURSE not. I'm your brother."
Bubba: "Oh yeah. Hey mom? You know those weapons that are a ball on a chain at the end of a stick and it has spiky things all over it?"
Me: "A Mace?"
Bubba: "Yes. I think I would like to have one of those."
Me: "Not until you and your brother are best friends..."

September 18 at 1:39pm

Sis just rolled her eyes and me and said "okaaayyy, okaaayyy...."
Excuse me, but did I miss her 16th birthday somehow?

September 20 at 1:16pm

I love how every picture Junior draws of himself has him saying "Booyah!"
October 2011

1 comment: