Friday, January 1, 2010

Family Christmas Ornament for 2009


As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of my traditions is to collect an ornament from everywhere I travel as well as get one for each child that best represents their year. I also always got one for me and J so we would still have memories on our tree even when our little birds had flown and taken their ornaments to grace their own trees. This year I assumed I would take a break. I have had very little hope and less joy for much of this year and if it were not for the arrival of my angel girl, I would be happy to write 2009 off the books forever and never think back on it again.

I might have written off this ornament as cheesy in any other year, but as representation goes, I can't think of a phrase that better describes what has gone on in our family. We have had tremendous sorrow this year but there is no doubt in the world that we have been watched over. By family. By friends. By neighbors. By strangers. By angels both seen and unseen and most definitely by God.

2009 will be represented after all on every Christmas tree in my future. Because there are some things I don't ever want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment