Saturday, January 14, 2012

'Twas the Week Before Christmas...

I had great intentions of getting these pictures posted (hi kate, jeff and aunt jeane...) a little closer to Christmas. However, all my good intentions
(which include cleaning the house, getting the laundry done or feeding the kids something other than chicken nuggets and fruit snacks) have all gone out the window to make way for the massive landslide of homework and being a student again after 10 years. Junior thinks it is hilarious that I have to do homework like he does, but I gave him a peek at my math and he felt a lot better about his own lot. So, 2012 for me begins with 4 classes (two of them are math with half a semester each), continues on in the summer with more pre-requisites for my pre-requisites and hopefully will end with me acing Anatomy and then crossing my fingers a lot that I can get into the program I want here instead of another state. The bottom line is that I will spend the year trying to keep on top of work and kids and school and home without going (more) insane. I hope the kids still like me at the end of the year.

In the meantime, I just got an A on my first quiz, so I treated myself to catching up on things like showering and posting my pictures :-P December was actually relaxing and fun and delicious. It was so relaxing in fact, that I forgot to take pictures of much of it...


My excellent assistant chefs. They were great at helping mix and then eat the cookie dough.



Then it was time to just chill for awhile while the cookies baked.


Junior has always been my best helper with the Christmas tree. Bubba and Sis spent most of the decorating time in the kitchen eating goldfish crackers...


...or doing this.



I would have sworn that two was too young to start raiding my closet, but Sis doesn't think so.


Our lifelong best friends, the Bradshaws, decided to move to Alaska at the end of December (I still don't want to talk about it....!) So, we tried to get as much face time as possible before they left. This is the kids almost in line to see Santa at the mall. In the end, we left because the line wasn't moving and they wouldn't let us take pictures with our own cameras (seriously!!!??) The kids didn't seem to care :-)


We bundled up and went to see the village display in downtown Ogden. Local businesses will decorate cottages and you can walk around under the lights and look in the windows. I can't believe that we lived there for so many years and never went to this. The kids thought it was awesome.




Most of my pictures of Bubba and William these days look like this.


The boys pretending to be deer.


Sis is going to really miss the twins.


There was a small snowfall while we were there which excited the kids more than anything else. Sis caught as many as she could on her tongue.