Friday, July 1, 2011

Born Cool



Bubba,

From the day you were arrived and your head of full, dark hair naturally waved into the cutest faux-hawk, we determined that you were just born cool. Now that you are 5, you still have cool naturally cornered and I think you always will.

You have been a delightful child to mother. You are sweet and spunky and imaginative and one of my favorite things to do is listen to you play whatever character you are being at the moment. This year you have gone from Hurcules to Peter Pan to Captain Hook to Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader to the Karate Kid to Michael Jackson to Spiderman to your current fave; The Green Lantern. You love to tease your brother and sister but generally just to get them to notice you. In a moment, you will switch from a pesky brother to their BFF if they encourage it. You idolize your big brother and can make Sis laugh like no one else in the family can. She runs to you for comfort and loves as much as me these days.

You are my sweetheart cuddler and not a day goes by without several hugs and spontaneous "I love you's" from you. You have grown a lot this year and have learned to conquer many of your fears. Last week you walked through the dark front room and ran to find me in excitement. "I went into the dark and nothing happened" you said, and I was as proud as I have ever been because you have come so far.

Your questions and statements amuse me, your progress heartens me, your enthusiasm and love for your family comforts me and your hugs sustain me. I adore being your mom and I adore you.

Happy Birthday Bubba!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday big boy! Can' wait to see what the future holds for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete